Chef Dale Talde is the “dope fat kid” behind the Brooklyn restaurant Talde. We hung out with the formerTop Chef contestant, and visited his favorite Itallian restaurant in Flatbush, Brookyn during our latest episode of Munchies. After the shoot, we asked Dale which chefs he’d like to get wasted with the most. This is what he had to say:
• Brian Ray, Buddakan – I worked with Brian at Buddakan. We’re such good friends. The dude can really drink. When we’re boozing, we come up with so many ideas of what to put on my menu.
• David Koon and Jamison Blankenship, Chuko – We came up together as sous chefs at Morimoto. We’re just great old friends and always have fun together.
• Carrie Nahabedian, Naha – I’m from Chicago, and Carrie and her cousin, Michael, are two of the best people in the hospitality business. She’s been an absolute mentor to me as well. Plus, she makes her vodka lemonades with Meyer lemons!
• Marco Pierre White – I want old school Marco Pierre White. I want to drink with the dude that was making Gordon Ramsay beat people up he didn’t like. Also, the food he was doing back in the day really set the standard and laid the foundation for what so many people are doing now.
• Chris Rendell, Whitehall – After a bottle of vodka, he’s got some sweet dance moves. I’m talking about Kevin Bacon Footloose, sliding across the floor on your knees, dance moves. No fucking joke.
Watch Dale’s Munchies episode.
Stay tuned for more fun tidbits from the chefs from the new season of Munchies chefs.